Remote Learning with Zoom
During a Remote Learning day, students will meet with their teachers via Zoom in the morning and will have assignments posted in Canvas to complete in the afternoon.
Class Zoom schedules will depend on the type of remote learning day, Staff Professional Development or Inclement Weather.
*NOTE: All schools will begin at 8:00am regardless of normal start times.*
Login to Canvas FIRST
Students will use one of the two methods to login to Canvas.
- School Chromebook: Login to your Chromebook using your 500##### (ID number) and your password. Clever will open in a tab in Google Chrome. Click "Login with Google".
- School iPad: Tap the Clever app. Click “Login with Google”.
- Home Device: Go to www.clever.com/in/msdpike. Click "Login with Google". Make sure to sign in with the student Google account (email@example.com).
Once in Clever, click on the Canvas icon.
- Go to pike.instructure.com, enter your 500##### (ID number) and your password.
THEN Login to Zoom
- Select your class in Canvas, then click on the blue Zoom link in the left navigation bar.
- You may need to click the three lines in the top left corner by the class name to expand the navigation bar.
- Find your teacher’s meeting and click the “Join” button.
If you are prompted with the message “This meeting is for authorized attendees only” continue with the steps below.
- Click “Sign in to Join”
- On the right, click “Sign in with Google”
- Select your Pike Google Account or enter your firstname.lastname@example.org email and click “next”
- Enter your password
- Wait for your teacher to allow you into the meeting
If you need assistance, please call the Navigation Specialist at 317-387-2525, option 1.
*Please note that Remote Learning days can become quite busy and you may need to leave a message for the Navigation Specialist to return your call.