Chromebooks are devices issued to Pike students who need access to digital learning. If you are in need of a Chromebook or internet access please contact your student's school.
Please review the MSD of Pike Township Student Chromebook Usage Guidelines if you have borrowed a Pike device.
Sign into your Chromebook
1. Turn your Chromebook on using the power button, located in the top right corner.
2. Connect your Chromebook to the Internet
If you are using a Pike-issued hotspot, navigate to the Hotspot Support to get set up and then return to this step.
- In the bottom right corner of the screen, select the time.
Select Not Connected.
If you see your Wi-Fi network name and a signal strength, your Chromebook is already connected to Wi-Fi.
Your Chromebook will automatically look for available networks and show them to you in a list.
Select the secure Wi-Fi network .
Type the network password.
- Select Connect.
3. Use your 500##### for the email. Then type in your password to log in.
K-5 "email" addresses are not working email addresses. They are simply usernames.
If you need your student's ID number or 500#, please check your Skyward Family Access account or contact your child's school.
If you need your student's password, navigate to the Password Support page.
4. Click on the Google Chrome icon on the bottom bar. You are now in the Chrome internet browser where you can access Clever, Canvas, and other websites as you would on any other device.
Damaged, Lost, or Stolen Chromebook
If your Chromebook has been damaged, lost, or stolen, please contact your student's school or the Tech Helpline at 317-387-2525.